Do you get the following error message as you try to buy or rent movies on Amazon.com?
The message from Amazon.com is quite clear and it tells you and me that we need a credit card, a payment card, issued by a bank in the United States for this to work. So, if you are living somewhere else and do not have a credit card issued in the United States, you will not be able to pay for your Instant Videos, no matter if you want to buy it or rent it, or if you want to watch it in HD quality or in SD quality. But, what can be done?
I have already written some instructions related to paying for Instant Videos without an American Card, but I will repeat myself in this article, since it is such a common problem that lots of people face.
Rent or buy Instant Videos on Amazon.com from abroad
To rent or to buy Instant Videos on Amazon.com without a US issued bank card, this is what you will need to do!
- First of all you need to have an Amazon.com account registered with an address in the United States (my advice is that you create a new account for this purpose).
- Secondly you will need to have an American IP address.
- Now you buy an Amazon Gift Card with the amount of money you want to have on your American Amazon.com account.
- After buying it use the Gift Card code and redeem it on your American Amazon.com account.
- Now you have money on your account and you can start buying Amazon Instant Videos, without a US issued payment card.
- For this to work it is very important that you do not have any other payment cards registered to your Amazon.com account, because if you do you will still get the error message quoted in the start of the article. The only payment method available on your account needs to be the Amazon Gift Card amount.
If you want to use a method that is even more sure to work, get yourself a real American issued payment card and use that. You can read more about how it is done in this article.
It is really easy and it works perfectly. I recently used this myself to buy Instant Videos, so based on personal experience I can guarantee you that it works. Should you still have questions or comments, just use the comment field beneath.
For more information in general about watching Instant Videos from abroad, read this article.