Do you want to sideload some good Android apps to your Amazon Fire TV Stick? It is very easy, so just follow these steps and you will be ready to enjoy your sideloaded Android apps on your Fire TV Stick in a few minutes.
- First of all you will need to download Apps2Fire application to your Android device.
- Start your Amazon Fire TV Stick and go to System – Settings – Developer Options.
- Enable ADB Debugging and enable Apps from unknown sources.
- Visit System – Settings – About – Network.
- Write down the IP address of the Fire TV Stick.
- Open Apps2Fire on your Android device and enter the IP address of the Fire TV Stick.
- You can now choose which applications you want to upload to the Fire TV Stick.
- Once uploaded you will find these applications under Settings – Applications – Manage uploaded applications.
You might get some trouble running these applications, as they are not really made for Amazon Fire TV Stick. Since your TV is not using a touch screen, but Android apps are made for touch screens, you will not be able to use the menu system in a convenient way. There are different ways to fix this problem, but the quickest and maybe easiest is to use a Bluetooth mouse which can be connected to your Amazon Fire TV Stick easily. If you would rather just use your mobile device as a mouse then you can install Wukong Remote on your Android device and then you should have this working much better at once. It is still not perfect, but you will be able to move around inside the applications and start whatever function you are looking for!
Considering becoming an Amazon Prime member to enjoy your Amazon Fire TV Stick even more? Read more about watching Amazon Prime from outside US here!
Working for you as well? Write a comment to let us know you are grateful for these instructions. Not working? Ask your question, and maybe we can help!